1. 1/2 cup of sliced chicken (or pork, if preferred)
2. 1 cup of pumpkin or squash – cut into small pieces about 1/2 inch thick
3. 2 eggs
4. 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
5. 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
6. 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
7. 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
8. 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
9. 4 cups of fresh water
1. Pour fresh water in a pot, set on high heat, bring to a boil.
2. Add pumpkin or squash into the boiling water, set to medium heat, boil for 10 minutes.
3. Remove pot from heat, drain out water, and set the cooked pumpkin/squash aside.
4. Put cooking oil in a pan, set on high heat.
5. Add 2 eggs into the pan, use the spatula to break the egg yolks into the whites, do not stir.
6. Use the spatula to push the eggs to one side of the pan.
7. Add garlic to the available side of the pan, stir a little.
8. Add chicken/pork to cook with garlic, stir well.
9. Use the spatula to flip the egg into the meat, and stir to combine.
10. Add cooked pumpkin/squash into the pan, stir well.
11. Add in sugar, fish sauce, and oyster sauce, stir to combine well.
12. Remove pan from heat, and transfer the dish to a serving plate.
13. Serve with cooked Thai jasmine rice, and enjoy!