Dee Thai Restaurant – Long Island
Shrimp with chilli and salt (Kung-pad-prik-krua)
1. 12-15 large shrimps – leave shell on & devein
2. 5 Thai red chilli – minced
3. 2 tablespoon of red bellpepper – minced
4. 2 tablespoon of cilantro – minced
5. 2 tablespoon of fresh garlic – minced
6. 2 tablespoon of green onion – minced
7. 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
8. 1/2 teaspoon of salt
9. 2 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine (for cooking)
10. 4-5 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1. Pour vegetable oil in a pan, set over medium heat.
2. Add shrimps to the pan, stir until both sides change color only.
3. Place half-cooked shrimps on a plate, set aside.
4. In the same pan, add minced Thai red chilli and minced fresh garlic, stir well.
5. Add salt and soy sauce, stir to mix well.
6. Add green onion, cilantro, and bellpepper, stir well to combine.
7. Add Chinese rice wine, stir well to combine altogether.
8. Add the half-cooked shrimps into the pan, stir to mix well with the seasonings, do not overcooked the shrimps.
9. Turn off heat, and transfer to a serving plate.
10. Seve with cooked Thai jasmine rice and enjoy!